SANTA FE, N.M. (AP) — Investigators said Wednesday that there was “some complacency” in how weapons were handled on the movie set where Alec Baldwin accidentally shot and killed a cinematographer and wounded another person, but it’s too soon to determine whether charges will be filed. National Security DEA agent: We must serve Americans while keeping them safe. The importation of illegal drugs into America is a top priority of the DEA – and a federal agent assigned to a portion of the Texas-Mexico border refuses to turn a blind eye to the importance of community awareness and relationship. Christian fundamentalism, also known as fundamental Christianity or fundamentalist Christianity, is a movement emphasizing biblical literalism. In its modern form, it began in the late 19th and early 20th centuries among British and American Protestants as a reaction to theological liberalism and cultural modernism. Fundamentalists argued that 19th-century modernist theologians had ... Join us on Nov. 4 as we introduce our Word of the Day, Vocabulary Video Contest and calendar of monthly challenges for exploring language with The Times. By The Learning Network Have you been ... Timothy Burgin is a Kripalu & Pranakriya trained yoga instructor living and teaching in Asheville, NC. Timothy has studied and taught many styles of yoga and has completed a 500-hour Advanced Pranakriya Yoga training. Timothy has been serving as the Executive Director of YogaBasics.com since 2000. The Falkirk Center was a right-wing think tank housed at Liberty University and co-founded by Kirk and Jerry Falwell, Jr. in November 2019. Fellows included Antonio Okafor, director of outreach for Gun Owners of America , Sebastian Gorka , former deputy assistant to President Trump, and Jenna Ellis , a senior legal counselor for Trump. The Right to Read. An open letter to our country from the National Council of Teachers of English: The right to read, like all rights guaranteed or implied within our constitutional tradition, can be used wisely or foolishly. In many ways, education is an effort to improve the quality of choices open to all students. The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints has more than 16.3 million members worldwide, but it still is seen by many as an American, even Utah, religion.How does the faith become truly ... The state banned teaching of race based attacks, something MAS heavily utilized. It included LA Raza and Azatlan type teachings of Arizona belonging to Mexico and being stolen. Posts about Right Wing Angst written by dakinikat. Susan B Glasser has penned this for The New Yorker: “The Battle of January 6th Has Just Begun.Nine months after the storming of the Capitol, Trump is more popular with the G.O.P. and his Big Lie is more widely believed.”
2021.10.28 10:36 SuccessfulOperation Has Sam addressed the bad faith right wing attacks on teaching American history in schools?
I know he's been infatuated with "wokeness" but theres republicans actually passing laws (not just being annoying on twitter) and banning books and bad faith attacks from parents like this: https://twitter.com/alexwagnestatus/1453037921578242051
How exactly does he propose "the left" fix this if all he's doing is saying merely talking about racism, is racism. It seems almost like i'm being gaslighted here.
submitted by SuccessfulOperation to samharris [link] [comments]
2021.10.28 10:36 basedosas What's the earliest memory of yourself that you still remember, to this day?
2021.10.28 10:36 yousif1234k Which one is it?
|submitted by yousif1234k to ksi [link] [comments]|
2021.10.28 10:36 SirVipe5 New Sugess Pilot ST19
2021.10.28 10:36 Spaghet69420 I still remember when there were about 5k followers on this sub lol
2021.10.28 10:36 upbstock $AMZN call buyer
2021.10.28 10:36 DefinitelyNotTrind [EU] People find themselves trapped in rooms from the Cube movies but filled with water. Drowning resets everything back to the beginning. The drowned people remember everything that happened. If someone is killed by a trap or by someone else, the reset does not happen and they are dead for good.
As usual, each room has six hatches - four in the walls, one in the ceiling, one in the floor - leading to other identical cube-shaped rooms. Some rooms have a small pocket of air at the top, maybe big enough for 3-4 people to stick their head in and catch their breath. When someone drowns everything is reset and people "wake back up" at the beginning as if nothing had happened, but the drowned person remembers what happened in their last attempt to find the exit. Due to this, people don't know the number of times in which resets have happened; they only remember the ones in which they drowned. Perhaps they found the exit one time, but someone else drowned? They would never know. Also, for some reason, some of the rooms are not the same as they remember.
submitted by DefinitelyNotTrind to WritingPrompts [link] [comments]
2021.10.28 10:36 FishMonkeyCow Busy street in Mong Kok
|submitted by FishMonkeyCow to pics [link] [comments]|
2021.10.28 10:36 WolfOfWeedstocks Dropped 100k on DWAC this morning. Let's go Daddy Trump take me to the moon!
|submitted by WolfOfWeedstocks to DWAC_Stock [link] [comments]|
2021.10.28 10:36 MaNic_Ambz Oop
|submitted by MaNic_Ambz to theregulars [link] [comments]|
2021.10.28 10:36 heck357 Couldn’t miss it from beltway
|submitted by heck357 to signs [link] [comments]|
2021.10.28 10:36 Majestic_Painter8660 Tzuyu
|submitted by Majestic_Painter8660 to tzuyu [link] [comments]|
2021.10.28 10:36 Aggravating-Monk7730 For new players who want to try long ranged sniping.
By no means am I an awesome player. But I want to do my part in enlightening new players who want to try becoming long ranged snipers.
When I went to play Planetside 2, I already knew what I wanted. I wanted to be a long-ranged sniping infiltrator. I really wanted to do intel, recon, and sniping work. It's really what I wanted, and I still want it today. Even if I have expanded my repertoire to include flying, stalking, and being an Archie, being a long-ranged sniper is still my primary way to play.
That said, here's what new players need to know about being a long-ranged sniper. You all need to know what you are getting into.
(1) You will not get a lot of kills. Even if you are a hotshot, you will generally not kill a lot in comparison to everyone else. And that's ok! Long ranged sniping isn't for people who want a lot of numbers. Long ranged sniping is for people who want the most value out of a few numbers.
(2) You are support. You are recon. You will gather intel, spot for factionmates, and generally be the eyes of your factionmates. Don't be a glory-hound! Think about your team, and think about what intel they would need to create an advantage over the enemy. It's not about you: it's about the entire faction. It's about your squad. It's about their numbers as opposed to your numbers.
(3) You will often be alone, and you will have to deal with threats alone. You will have to grow eyes and ears at the back of your head, and you must be capable of surviving by yourself. Learn to swallow your pride and focus on survival over flashy, highlighting plays! Know when to run away from your enemies, and don't be embarrased to walk away from a fight when you can and when you should.
(4) LEARN TRIGGER DISCIPLINE. Know when to shoot, why you should shoot, and when not and why not to shoot. One wrong shot at the worst of times, and you can have an entire squad, plus a few tanks and ESF+Liberators on your lonely ass. Remember that your enemies hate snipers with a passion, and they will really try to kill you! And if you don't shoot when you should, then your factionmates will have to deal with either 10 extra enemies due to a live beacon or router, or lose a tank, or get mowed down by machine gun fire, or have their ordnance wasted due to a hardlight canopy activating again.
(5) TRY TO KEEP YOURSELF ALIVE AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE. Nothing you do can be done while you are dead. When you are dead, you cannot give intel. And dying as a recon sniper is far worse than you may think it is. You'll soon learn why.
(6) Master your weapon's range, drop, and characteristics. Use just 1 scope most if not all of the time. Using multiple scopes every other time may affect your instincts with your weapon. Stick to one scope as much as possible.
(7) Learn fieldcraft. Don't just rely on your cloak to keep you concealed. Use the environment around you, and play with the conscious limitations of your enemies. I cannot stress this enough: DO NOT UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF USING YOUR SURROUNDINGS TO KEEP YOU INVISIBLE FROM YOUR ENEMIES. This is a skill you must learn. Once you learn this skill, you will then have a "passive cloak" as well as the active cloak. Now doing recon using fieldcraft is a crazy job: many people will keep insisting that using the environment to conceal you doesn't work, but once you learn fieldcraft you'll find out how much of that advice is really hogwash. Our world of recon gives us insight to player behavior plainly unbelievable to non-recon players. Stalkers infils are the exception. They will understand us. Once you learn fieldcraft, you can be really close to your enemies without alerting them at all. And that is without cloak!
(8) You will often have to walk/sprint your way into your sniping/recon spots. That's right: you will have to use your legs most often. Unless you have a cloaked flash, or you can fly, almost all other forms of transport will catch attention. And this is why dying sucks as a long-ranged recon sniper. Getting into recon and sniping spots takes time and effort.
(9) You must learn how to climb mountains, or generally any elevated area.
(10) When you do have to fight, either due to necessity or lack of escape, you will have to fight with weapons that will likely limit your effectiveness. What you have is a sniper rifle, a secondary, a grenade, and a knife. Your opponents have automatics and shotguns. You have be really, really good if you are to come out on top of a fight.
(11) YOU CANNOT HURT TANKS EFFECTIVELY AND EFFICIENTLY. In fact, almost all vehicles and aircraft can hurt and kill you with near impunity. And you cannot really hurt them in return.
(12) Learn to be a one-shot kill sniper. Less shots is less revealing. More shots is more revealing. Learn to kill with less.
(13) Every shot reveals you, so move every now and then after making shots. And this is why...
(14) When you are supporting with intel and spotting, YOU SHOULD REFRAIN FROM SHOOTING TOO OFTEN. Shooting too often means moving too often, and moving too often means leaving good recon and sniping spots often.
(15) Understand the difference between intel support and suppression, and know when to gather intel and when to suppress. Intel gathering means being a ghost while suppression means being intimidating, menacing, and being a royal pain in the ass.
(16) Suppression usually involves plays like sniping enemies when they are using terminals or when they are using a deployed Sunderer, or when they are repairing base turrets or manning player-made turrets. The key principle is to make your opponents' life difficult. Another example of suppresion is sniping manned AV turrets, or sniping AV Heavies. Countersniping is another example of suppression. Destroying player spawned equipment such as routers, beacons, shield regen, spitfires, canopies, and ordnances is also suppression.
(17) YOU ARE NOT A CQC SNIPER. Respect the fact that your skills are different. Also, the reverse is true: CQC snipers are often poor long-ranged snipers. If you play their game, you will often lose. If they play your game, you will often win. CQC snipers usually do not have fieldcraft skills, and neither do they have the patience for support and recon work. They are usually bad shots past 50-150m, and as a long-ranged sniper your bread and butter are shots past 150m.
(18) IF YOU CAN'T ONE HIT KILL PAST 150m, YOU CANNOT BE A LONG-RANGED SNIPER. That said...
(19) Hitting moving targets is not easy as any form of sniper, and it is even more difficult to do as a long-ranged sniper. Choose your targets wisely. Remember the key lesson: learn to kill with less, and that translates to shooting less but killing more. Shooting moving targets will often test your aim, and you may often miss. And every miss you make will slowly reveal you. Once again: don't play through your ego. If you know it's a going to be a bad shot, then either don't shoot, or accept what could happen, or you can also improve your skills to turn bad shots into more acceptable shots.
(20) Respect other long-ranged snipers who get the shots on you and you can't spot them. This means that they have the advantage, and you will only die trying to find them. Change your position to change the game, and this time, let them be the one who tries to find you.
(21) Respect Stalkers. They will almost always have the advantage over you. You can fight LAs, but a good stalker will almost always kill you.
(22) Play other classes as well. You will have to develop good fighting skills in order to defend yourself, and the best way to do it is to learn about the other classes.
(23) Mentality speaking, you need to have icy-veins and a logical mind. Don't just do things for no reason. Don't be random. And if you are making your opponents suffer from your suppression, or you are making the fight unfair due to intel gathering, then you should be indifferent to your opponents' suffering and frustrations. Be cold-hearted towards your enemies.
(24) Share your intel! You are nuts if you don't!
(25) Knowing shot angles and positioning for shots are key skills. You need to have the mind and the eye for mentally seeing the angles of the shots you need to make.
Becoming a long-ranged sniper involves developing a lot of patience, learning fieldcraft, mastering your weapon, learning how to survive by yourself, learning how to climb and use terrain for positioning for a shot, knowing when to shoot and when not to shoot.
You will see a lot of crazy things. You will experience being shot at by a group of enemies you cannot retaliate against. You will experience having no option but to run when facing an alerted enemy. And you will experience long periods of calm, followed by sporadic but intense action, as well as periods of intense and prolonged action where you have to snipe for your team in a base attack, and all the while you are receiving fire and trying to dodge countersniping shots while keeping a watch out for LAs and Stalkers. And all of this will mostly happen while you are alone.
Think you're up for it? Do you truly want this? It's not a high numbers gameplay, and it comes with its own set of difficulties. You won't farm a lot of certs, and you won't have a lot of kills. And the skills you need to develop take quite some time and some effort to learn. You'll be dying often due to mistakes committed in learning fieldcraft, and you will likely die immediately from attacks by skilled vets. It's a hard life, and it will test your patience.
You have to know if this is what you want. 😎
submitted by Aggravating-Monk7730 to Planetside [link] [comments]
2021.10.28 10:36 DueAppearance8008 Hakkaten
2021.10.28 10:36 ddbllwyn Old bay seasoned chicken breast, avocados, salami, chorizo, cheese, sauerkraut and pickles served with sriracha mayo between two slices of wheat bread
|submitted by ddbllwyn to shittyfoodporn [link] [comments]|
2021.10.28 10:36 Odinthedoge LPT: Buy a shoehorn, and use it!
Buy a shoe horn, and use it… you might not even know what it is yet, but it’ll change your life.
My grandpa was a big fan of the shoe horn, every time I went over to his house, I remember him telling me about them, he had a few different ones, and even one with a long handle. It really eases the transition, especially on a pair of tight shoes!
submitted by Odinthedoge to LifeProTips [link] [comments]
2021.10.28 10:36 MeowLetsNotGoThere Business cat means business! I gave her a keyboard to keep her off of mine.
|submitted by MeowLetsNotGoThere to cats [link] [comments]|
2021.10.28 10:36 udiexd SOMEBODY STOP HIM!!!
|submitted by udiexd to CustomLoR [link] [comments]|
2021.10.28 10:36 Elbon Plans for Ireland’s newest university announced
|submitted by Elbon to ireland [link] [comments]|
2021.10.28 10:36 Heavenly_Meh Most recent Ortex data. 💎🙌🚀🌕
|submitted by Heavenly_Meh to BBIG [link] [comments]|
2021.10.28 10:36 bungalogic SHIB Corrects, DOGE Surges Back – No Worries
|submitted by bungalogic to SHIBArmy [link] [comments]|
2021.10.28 10:36 Seeeeeeeem Transferring
Does anyone have a server that they really enjoy playing on as covenant in US East? I am planning on transferring and was looking for a recommendation.
submitted by Seeeeeeeem to newworldgame [link] [comments]
2021.10.28 10:36 Substantial_Day7343 what are your Thoughts on these 2
2021.10.28 10:36 EveningSun202010 Choeropsis liberiensis
|submitted by EveningSun202010 to aww [link] [comments]|
2021.10.28 10:36 williscraftrulez do you remember?
|submitted by williscraftrulez to LiminalSpace [link] [comments]|